55G Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeyost12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I currently have a 55G aquarium with 5 Giant Danios, 6 Albino Cory Cats, and 2 Angel Fish. I really want to add 3 Red Fire Dwarf Gourami to complete my tank. What are your opinions on that?
I am thinking this is a good fish to add because its max size is 2-3 inches and they are not schooling fish so 3 would be good. Also I saw on the compatibility chart that they are compatible with Angel Fish. I do have the tank broken into 3 sections for the fish if they need to escape.
Also, I am running a Fluval 406 Canister Filter for the tank

It sounds like you have done your research, and scaped your tank to benifet the different varieties of fish. I'd say go for it.

It sounds like you have done your research, and scaped your tank to benifet the different varieties of fish. I'd say go for it.

Thank you, Here is the current set up.... the only change is actually coming in the mail on Friday. I have a large piece of Malaysian Driftwood coming in that I am going to attach 2 or 3 Anubius Plants to and put on the left side where the fake log decoration is now

Tank 1.jpg

That should look very good. I have several pieces of Maylasian driftwood in my tanks and it really enhances the look of the aquascape. Don't panic when your water turns tea colored. The wood will leach tannic acid for a long time. The fish love it, and you will get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom