55G tank what in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting a barely used 55G tank tomorrow. I will let it cycle but I wanna some ideas what to put in it. Basic stuff come with it heater,filter, plus other great thing. Cheap so I had to get it! What kind of fish should I put it it and other stuff ideas?

TheCrazyFishLady said:
There are tons of options you could do. Are you more into multi-fish set ups or solitary?

I'm more into multi-fish set ups.

Well, you could do Africans, but I'm not the best to talk about that.

You could do multiple schools of tetras and some cories, maybe a ram or angel. A South American theme.

Or maybe an Asain theme, gourami with rasboras and danios.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Well, you could do Africans, but I'm not the best to talk about that.

You could do multiple schools of tetras and some cories, maybe a ram or angel. A South American theme.

Or maybe an Asain theme, gourami with rasboras and danios.

I like the African idea and middle paragraph :D could even buy wall paper and stuff will have to research about themes.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
South American theme would be super easy to do. A lot of plants and fish from there are regularly available.

Great! How many fish could I put in the tanks of angels?

Oh, I wouldn't do more than one, honestly. From everything I have read, pairing angels takes quite a bit of patience. So, I would research that if you want more than one. So, an angel, maybe a group of corydora catfish, a large school of some tetra or two smaller schools.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Oh, I wouldn't do more than one, honestly. From everything I have read, pairing angels takes quite a bit of patience. So, I would research that if you want more than one. So, an angel, maybe a group of corydora catfish, a large school of some tetra or two smaller schools.

Thanks I'm a research all these fish before I buy or get some more or something.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Oh, but you should research the African cichlids too. I'm not trying to pull off that path.

I will. All I know they are really aggressive .

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Awesome. Research is a great tool! Also, searching around YouTube.com helps to get ideas. There are tons of people posting their set-ups.

Will try YouTube also I got encyclopedia of fish good thing about fish 403 pages long about freshwater fish.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I love fish books. I only have a few, but I love flipping through them. You make me want to set up a new tank. haha

Haha it's my first fish book :D

I have four angelfish and a four-line pictus cat in my 55. It's a very peaceful tank but I had good luck with my angels. If you want more than one angel either get a pair or four. Have fun researching!

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Well, whenever you decide on your theme, I would start a new thread to figure out exact numbers of fish.

Are you wanting to do planted too?

I will start a new thread. I don't know about planted because I might add bristlenose maybe and they eat plants right well tear them up.

Back
Top Bottom