56G Final Stocking Plan Opinions Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluegillfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I posted this on another site as well I would like as many opinions as possible.

Tank is a 56G column with a AQ70 filter and a Pengium 150B I think.

Sand substrate drift wood and adding more plants as I go but currently have a small java fern and java moss.

10 zebra danios( I already have 5 of these from when I had the gourami.)
1 pleco (until he gets big) then I will rehome him.
6-8 skunk Cory cats.
6-8 glofish or neon tetras not sure which
2 angelfish

What are the dimensions of your tank? Depending on your horizontal space, that might be quite a few danios (assuming you meant the danio form of glofish). But, I am not sure of the dimensions of a that tank. 18 sounds like a few too many all in the same space though. if you stock slowly though, you can just see when it seems like too many.
I suggest against neons with angels. Sometimes it works for people, and sometimes it doesn't. My angels eat neons, even though they have been raised with small tetras for their whole lives.

What are the dimensions of your tank? Depending on your horizontal space, that might be quite a few danios (assuming you meant the danio form of glofish). But, I am not sure of the dimensions of a that tank. 18 sounds like a few too many all in the same space though. if you stock slowly though, you can just see when it seems like too many.
I suggest against neons with angels. Sometimes it works for people, and sometimes it doesn't. My angels eat neons, even though they have been raised with small tetras for their whole lives.

these are the tanks Dimensions: Tank: 18"L x 30"W x 24"H

I already have 5 zebra danios and I really like them thus why I would like to add a few more.

I wanted the glo fish due to their bright yellow and blue colors I love the brightness of them. Is there any fish that is similar that would work with my current stocking plan?

Cardinal Teresa get a little bigger than neons and are prettier with red stripe going all the way across the bottom of the fish, if the angels are not huge these might work better. I do like the suggestion of the emperor tetras too, I have a mix of male and female so they show off their purplish color. They are a bit 'meater' too. Glow line Teresa are pretty too, I'm not sure how they would do with angels though, black neons are very striking too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there compatibility issues with the South American fish and the Danios? The later being a little more temperate?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

these are the tanks Dimensions: Tank: 18"L x 30"W x 24"H

I already have 5 zebra danios and I really like them thus why I would like to add a few more.

I wanted the glo fish due to their bright yellow and blue colors I love the brightness of them. Is there any fish that is similar that would work with my current stocking plan?

You can get more than the 5 you have, I just wouldn't get 18. Start with 8-10 total, and see how it goes before adding more. Nothing wrong with stocking slowly anyways. If you like the colors of the glofish, I would look into the glofish version of the skirt tetra. They can be a bit nippy though. Stay away from the albino tiger barb version though, they are often very nippy. You are not going to find those exact colors elsewhere since the fish are genetically modified. But, if you like bright yellow another option to look at are mollies and platies. They come in great colors!

Back
Top Bottom