5g hex build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey that's pretty good! Is this new biomax or are they from your other tank? If you have some left over you could throw them in your other tank's filters so you'll have extra media if you ever need it. Maybe others will have better suggestions though.

what do you all think of a nice piece of driftwood in here petsmart only has these "logs" of mopani i was thinking of buying one sawing it in half and kinda lean them against eachother what do you think?

what do you all think of a nice piece of driftwood in here petsmart only has these "logs" of mopani i was thinking of buying one sawing it in half and kinda lean them against eachother what do you think?

In the 5 gal? That could look nice with some fake or real plants. Depends on the fish you are going to have in there though maybe, if it's a betta I would think it would need the swimming room and it could cut it's fins on the decor? Not that I know much lol The more I see other's tanks the more I like the natural look too.

you think itd cut its fins? the edges dont seem entirely that sharp and i do plan on going live plants i just need to get a cf bulb

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
you think itd cut its fins? the edges dont seem entirely that sharp and i do plan on going live plants i just need to get a cf bulb

No, it's just plastic plants that cause problems. Just look out for sharp edges and you should be fine.

looks like il soon be buyin more dw. i feel 6.99 for a small piece (lauren the one you saw waz considered small) is way over priced

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
looks like il soon be buyin more dw. i feel 6.99 for a small piece (lauren the one you saw waz considered small) is way over priced

Wow... It looked pretty big to me lol. Still, a lot better priced then buying in the aquarium section.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
reptile section is just as expensive lol you think a betta would like dw

Heck ya! Lol. Especially that piece since it has all the hiding spots. :)

im reallt partial to that one in the planted i have plans i did see similar pieces and no one buys dw il have to get another shortly

I recommend you are very cautious. I've seen nasty betta injuries from wood. It needs to be a nice smooth peice to go in with a betta IMO/E. I recently purchased several large peices of Mopani from Petco and definitely none of them would be betta safe. Mopani often has jagged edges that could really rip them up. I do have some peices of Mopani that are fine, so I'm not saying it can't work. Personally I have enough bettas myself that have been injured from various tank decor that I think you can't be too careful.

I don't see why not. I use a metal nail file on ceramic decor which is the same idea. Unless it's a really gnarly peice that should work. When you're done, you really want to be able to run nylon (pantyhose) over all of the parts that will be exposed to the fish w/o it snagging.

IMO you could do a school of 8 boraras briggitae. I'm not sure if there's anything else with the shape of the tank. How wide is it?

I don't think I'd do any other type of fish in there. I think it's big enough for you to put a pair of CPO's in there..or atleast one. You could pair those with the micro rasbora.

Back
Top Bottom