5gal filter suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everybody I'm looking at setting up a 5 gal Betta, planted crypt tank after Xmas. I'm after an internal filter and am looking for any recommendations. I'm after something more compact. Thanks.

Hagen mini..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you guys have Petsmart in autralia ? Get a top fin 10g internal..

I have 6 of these filters in my 8 tanks(3 40g versions, 1 20g and 2 10g).. and they are very quiet and come with a nice spray bar.. adjustable flow too.

Do you guys have Petsmart in autralia ? Get a top fin 10g internal..

I have 6 of these filters in my 8 tanks(3 40g versions, 1 20g and 2 10g).. and they are very quiet and come with a nice spray bar.. adjustable flow too.

No we don't we have petbarn but they only stock aqua one...that's pretty much the only brand other then eheim that I can get at a store in aus.

Azoo palm mini HOB is a great small tank filter.

I looked at these but wasn't able to find anywhere that shipped them to Australia. I think I'll go with the Hagen but am going for a drive tomorrow to see pricing on other filters they had at stores.

Oh I see.. well I haven't used those filters.. sucks too I LOVE these Top Fin internals... I am replacing all my HOB's for these things in all my tanks... they are the quiestest filters I have ever used and the 40g versions have way more bio media then a HOB.

Whatever you do get though stay away from the tetra internal.. its noisy and a piece of junk..

I have my main tank in my bedroom and I'm not going lie I find the sound of the water trickling into my tank really relaxing at night.

That depends entirely on the HOB to which you are comparing it.

No it doesn't lol.. ALL HOBS have motor noise.. you can take the impeller out and youll still hear the motor.. Internal Filters the motors are dampened by the water volume and sucktion cups...

Trust me I have used Fluval C3's Penguin, Emperor , Aqueon quiet flows, and I have older tetra whispers which are actually the quietest HOB's have I ever had and my internals are dead silent... I have 4 of these in 3 tanks in my bedroom.. Try having 4 HOB'S in 3 tanks in a bedroom lol...

the 40g versions have way more bio media then a HOB.

I should have quoted.

I used to have more than 10 HOB filtered tanks in my bedroom. All aquaclears. They are very quiet. Since having my own place, I can spread them around. I had a tank full of fish die after a party. Convinced it was alcohol, all tanks were pulled into my bedroom.

strange I had a Fluval C3 same motor as the aquaclear same company and it was so noisy.. and I looked up on google and these things have noisy impellers..

Back
Top Bottom