6 Gallon Tall Fluval w/ Pea Puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

day5792

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my 6 gallon for a while now, and I want to change things up. It's currently half RO and half fresh water, with one viper shrimp and one ghost shrimp. I also had two pygmy cory catfish, but I moved them into a larger 30 gallon community tank. I also have a large community of nuisance snails in there in case I ever decided to use them for feeding. So that brings me to this question; would this tank be suitable to have a few pea puffers? I'm concerned that they may try to eat my shrimp, but if they did start to harm them, I do have a back up tank that I could place them in. Aside from the shrimp, could I have a few pea puffers with half RO and half fresh water, or should I just have 100% RO? Also, would I need to keep some snails in a separate aquarium in order to breed? Any information would be helpful, thanks! :D

I've had my 6 gallon for a while now, and I want to change things up. It's currently half RO and half fresh water, with one viper shrimp and one ghost shrimp. I also had two pygmy cory catfish, but I moved them into a larger 30 gallon community tank. I also have a large community of nuisance snails in there in case I ever decided to use them for feeding. So that brings me to this question; would this tank be suitable to have a few pea puffers?
The 30 gallon is suitable for a puffer, maybe two with bullying. The 6 gallon is suitable for a betta.
I'm concerned that they may try to eat my shrimp, but if they did start to harm them, I do have a back up tank that I could place them in.
It is likely a puffer will try to find out if the shrimp are edible.
Aside from the shrimp, could I have a few pea puffers with half RO and half fresh water, or should I just have 100% RO?
RO water is typically used by marine enthusiasts and freshwater enthusiasts without reliable tap water. Is your tap water polluted? Why do you use RO water?
Also, would I need to keep some snails in a separate aquarium in order to breed?
No, a puffer will not drive your snails to extinction. If it were only that easy...
Any information would be helpful, thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom