60 Gallon Setup/Stocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is so awkward. We have the same thread title. Hahaha I'm so sorry.

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha no problem. I triple check too thought i actually posted on the wrong one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well its been a while, Having some plant problems in the 60 gallon, other then that all is good. Im going to put some lead or something into this piece of driftwood tomorrow and then probably rescape the tank. Having a lot of problems with the big amazon sword in the tank. It was grown in one of those tinny pots so the roots suck. A bunch of the leaves are turning brown and dying and the new leaves coming in have patches of brown and a bunch of holes in them. Not really sure what to do. There are root tabs under it and everything.

Im going to work on probably rescaping my 30 gallon sometime this week and might put up some pics of my other tanks as well as the 60 sometime this week hopefully.

I rescaped my 3.5 gallon Dwarf puffer tanks yesterday and im really happy with it, So here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 61
That little puffer is so cute! The simple layout you've done will be very interesting to watch grow out. I do hope you post updates!

The only thing im not happy with is the moneywort, but being that its a low light tank im not sure what to put in front, optimally some type of carpeting plant but that just isn't going to happen. i don't really want to leave it empty either....

Scape actually took me like an hr and a half to do, i had limited rocks and just couldn't get them to sit right/look good, a lot of changing pieces and just flipping them and slightly adjusting to get them to sit right and then the rocks that are stacked to sit right ect. But i appreciate it.

Oooh. I thought you were going to let it forest and to the pit with ground cover. What about a handful of mixed color pebbles for the front? Instant ground cover and adds a bit of interest to break things up a bit. I mean actual little rocks, nothing garish. :)

im going to pretty much let the moss go wild but i would like something else that just covers the plain area, the little rocks/pebbels are a good idea though. I still want something that grows their though. Not sure

You could place moss on a stainless steel mesh and tie it down with fishing line. That's what I did with some Fissidens spp moss on 4x4" squares. Ignore the crud in the pic:
ttp1hd2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom