70 litre stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fat_leroy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, i have a 70 litre tropical tank that has been running for a few years. Currently in the tank are 8 black phantom tetras and 4 dwarf gouramis. My question is, would it be fair on the fish to add any more or is this tank now fully stocked?

If i were to add any more fish i was thinking of some shrimps or maybe some neon tetras.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hello all, i have a 70 litre tropical tank that has been running for a few years. Currently in the tank are 8 black phantom tetras and 4 dwarf gouramis. My question is, would it be fair on the fish to add any more or is this tank now fully stocked?

If i were to add any more fish i was thinking of some shrimps or maybe some neon tetras.

Any advice would be appreciated

70l is around 20G, right?
I think most people would say that's fully stocked right now, it all depends on your filtration capabilities.
Obviously the more water you can shift, the more bioload you can put on the tank.

One more thing, it's quite rare for Dwarf Gourami's to get along with one another, have you ever had any issues with them?
If so you could always replace them with another species.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does that mean if i buy a second filter i would be able to add more fish to the tank? because i would say it looks fairly empty at the moment. So far the gouramis have been fine together, thank you for replying.

Does that mean if i buy a second filter i would be able to add more fish to the tank? because i would say it looks fairly empty at the moment. So far the gouramis have been fine together, thank you for replying.

In a way, just don't go overboard.
Have you ever used the site 'AqAdvisor'?
It's a handy little tool that you can enter your tank size and filter size along with the stock and it will tell you how stocked and filtered the tank is.
I'd try to aim for at least 200% filtration if you're planning on overstocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom