75 Gal stocking help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katrinag

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I started this hobby in April. I am upgrading to a 75 gal freshwater community tank from a 20 gal. I am so excited, I would like to do a larger school of the tetras. I would love an angelfish. The guppies are nice but all they do is chase each other and also chase the MM platy. I really love my ADF.I have the tank,stand and 100 lbs of ecocomplete. I plan to get a fluval 406, inline heater and will have low light plants, driftwood and some rocks. I currently have the following stock and would like to know any ideas on what to add or change.thank you

5 neon tetras
3 male guppies
1 male gourami
1 female platy
2 female ADF
1 Otto

Hi I started this hobby in April. I am upgrading to a 75 gal freshwater community tank from a 20 gal. I am so excited, I would like to do a larger school of the tetras. I would love an angelfish. The guppies are nice but all they do is chase each other and also chase the MM platy. I really love my ADF.I have the tank,stand and 100 lbs of ecocomplete. I plan to get a fluval 406, inline heater and will have low light plants, driftwood and some rocks. I currently have the following stock and would like to know any ideas on what to add or change.thank you

5 neon tetras
3 male guppies
1 male gourami
1 female platy
2 female ADF
1 Otto

What kind of groumai? If you like the neons color then I would switch to cardinals as angelfish eat neons in the wild an might in your tank. I would also add a school of Cory and of what species you prefer and a school of hatchetfish along with an angel

What kind of groumai? If you like the neons color then I would switch to cardinals as angelfish eat neons in the wild an might in your tank. I would also add a school of Cory and of what species you prefer and a school of hatchetfish along with an angel

I am told its a Golden Sunset Gourami male. It's shown in my profile photo.

I wanted to ask you why the hatchetfish with the angel?

No reason, hatchet fish are just one of my favorite fish that stay at the surface and can live with angels peacefully. They have a unique shape also

No reason, hatchet fish are just one of my favorite fish that stay at the surface and can live with angels peacefully. They have a unique shape also
Ok thanks, it sounds like a good idea. Also do you know if I can mix the type of Cory's in a school? Do I have to do all of the same type of Cory's ?

Also looking at a compatibility chart the guppies I have may not be good for the angel, do you know if that's true ?

Well on the guppy issue, it matters on the angels temperament. They could nip the angel or the angel could eat them. Or they could get along swimmingly.

Yes you can mix Cory types but I would with a min of 6 each breed

I would go with the black neons as they are much bigger , I have them in my community cool little fish , and corys are a must :)

I would go with the black neons as they are much bigger , I have them in my community cool little fish , and corys are a must :)

I will do the cory's, and check out the hatchetfish and then I wanted to add the school of tetra's , so you don't think the cardinals would work (in place of the neon tetras I have) ?

I will be doing the black background so will not be able to see the black neons. I plan to add the Angel at the very end so it's last to the tank.

Thank you again :)

Well on the guppy issue, it matters on the angels temperament. They could nip the angel or the angel could eat them. Or they could get along swimmingly. Yes you can mix Cory types but I would with a min of 6 each breed

Thank you :)

I have 5 of those with an angel in a 36g bowfront and there some of the best tetras ever

I think they are cool. I have one I call mr grumpy as his orange above his eyes makes him look angry ;) that's the only one of those with a name the others all look the same ..

I have black skirt tetras and white skirt tetras they school together, but the black neons stick to their own, even when I had blue neons they stayed separate schools

Back
Top Bottom