75 Gallon Community Stock Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twodaend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I haven't had a tank setup in the last 6 years so I'm starting all over again. Back then I had a beautiful 12" tiger oscar in my 75 gallon. This time around, I'm looking to do a community tank so that I can have more movement and colors. I just started my fishless cycle last week with Ace Hardware ammonia so I have some time to get my ideas together. Thus far, I am looking at 10 x Harlequin Rasbora, 10 x Cardinal Tetra, 2 x Panda Cory, 2 x False Julii Cory, 2 x Peppered Cory, 5 x Marble Hatchet (I'm thinking of using egg crate for a lid), 1 x Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami, 1 x Flame Dwarf Gourami, and 5 x Ghost Shrimp. Because of the size, I think I could add more rasbora's and/or tetra, but I'm also looking for another small center piece fish to complement the gourami's. Any help or thoughts on my stock thus far would be great.

Thanks

Looks like a good grouping of fish. Most are fairly fragile, so that rules out a colorful cichlid. I suggest a small school of Columbian Tetras. It's a non agressive full bodied, colorful tetra that will stand out in your tank. I have a small school of Columbians in my grow out / refugee tank. They are 4 or 5 y.o. and in with a bunch of African cichlids. Tough little guys. I snapped a couple of photos. Sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments

• 20170918_210834.jpg
    20170918_210834.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170918_210122.jpg
    20170918_210122.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 27
Keyhole cichlids stay on the smaller side and are community friendly, they are not super colorful but have neat personalities.

I've also hear it recommended to keep cories more in species groups, so perhaps go with 5or 6 of two species, or just one?

Back
Top Bottom