75 Gallon Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jason7894561230 said:
Too many platys IMO dont get that many get 5 of each the platys swordtails and the mollys and get 3 angels. But that is just my 2 cents

No, I'm getting one angel. Okay I'll get five of each.

Would one angel have aggression problems?

Jason7894561230 said:
Ok i havent found any evidence segguesting otherwise. So i think 1 will be OK. But keeping them with guppies is not a good idea

There aren't any guppies in this tank.

I don't know if it's just me, but I've had a problem with male mollies being aggresive. I go for the females now. They seem fine with other livebearers, but I've had to seperate them from other male mollies, gouramis, guppies, and apple snails. Just my experience ;)

siva said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I've had a problem with male mollies being aggresive. I go for the females now. They seem fine with other livebearers, but I've had to seperate them from other male mollies, gouramis, guppies, and apple snails. Just my experience ;)

Do females look the same? Then females would stop the problem of fry altogether.

Yes look the same. To sex livebearers look at their anal fin. Females have an actual fin that is triangular, males have a more thin elongated "fin" that they hold in close to their body.

siva said:
Yes look the same. To sex livebearers look at their anal fin. Females have an actual fin that is triangular, males have a more thin elongated "fin" that they hold in close to their body.

Thanks. I'll get all females if I can.

Thanks. I'll get all females if I can.

yeah if you go to a popular pet store like petsmart and say i want all females and then have to explain to them how to find this out..is actually comical ...usually they have no clue

Ok, stock list looks fine, but if it were me stocking my own tank, the swords and the mollies seem so similar to me I would want more variety. Just an idea ;)

Yeah. I have a good place to go to. It happens to be Earl May. She let's you point out the fish you want and catches them within a few seconds. It's pretty amazing.

siva said:
Ok, stock list looks fine, but if it were me stocking my own tank, the swords and the mollies seem so similar to me I would want more variety. Just an idea ;)

I like this stocking.

Yeah. I have a good place to go to. It happens to be Earl May. She let's you point out the fish you want and catches them within a few seconds. It's pretty amazing.

sounds awesome..my aunt and uncle own a fish store so i normally just go there....lol

giggalz said:
sounds awesome..my aunt and uncle own a fish store so i normally just go there....lol

Lol. The only lfs I have is ick ridden and filled with algae. It's disgusting.

So I go to Petsmart or Earl may. Bought a snail once from Walmart and I've been lucky with his health.

Hopefully I'll be able to clean the tank tomorrow.

Just wanted to point it out and make sure. It would definitely be fun to stock a 75 gal. I'm jealous! :olympic:

Back
Top Bottom