75 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omni024

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my setup is a 75 with a 10 gallon sump. (Planning on upgrading to at least a 20 gallon)

Current stocking is
10 assorted angels
About 20 zebra dainos (they move to fast and I’ve lost count as some have decided it would be better to live outside the tank.)
1 Golden gourami
1 common pleco I’m on the fence about him (I got him for free)
1 albino bristlenose pleco

I want to add at least one more species to the tank but I’m at a loss as to what.

Thoughts and or recommendations on what to add (or take out)?

Maybe a pair of German Blues or Bolivian Rams. Regarding Common Plecos, nice looking fish but grows much too large. Probably best to re-home him.

Small, or bigger like the angels? And I'd keep that pleco in myself. He'll help clean that tank. Just don't feed him wafers too often. That's what gets them big. I got 2 Florida plecos coming for my 75. They're just 2"-3" right now though.

Small group [4-6] of clown loaches...
Depending on size of danios a trio S.A. cichlid like electric blue acara....
Most shy away from clowns ,so if not them maybe a good [10]group of cories....

I would also rehome the common pleco, they get way to big and produce aton of waste. Then I would add a group of cories as per Coralbandits suggestion. I have pandas and salt & peppers, love watching them.

Rehomed the pleco And now looking for either panda or peppered cories. Also looking for a pair of rams but the store that would have them doesn’t and it seems this time of year they are a bit difficult to get

IMG_0328.jpg
Current set up and as you probably notice this used to be a salt water tank before I got my hands on it lol

Plecos look cool, but make lots of waste, and they don't really do much for algae etc in the tank.

Look into Hillstream loaches (borneo suckers was the name where I got them from). I just picked up three, they are awesome, grow to only 2" ish, and they are algae machines! And, they are just plan cool.

Just my $0.02

There are several AA members who breed and sell very high quality rams. Hopefully some will chime in and guide you in the right direction.

There are several AA members who breed and sell very high quality rams. Hopefully some will chime in and guide you in the right direction.
I breed and sell some of the best rams in the country.
I ship all over the country including Hawaii with great success.
Here is a link to pictures
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/some-of-my-fish-361814.html
The link in my signature is active aquabid sales I have running..
I always have GBR and EBR and ship every Monday without fail.:cool:

Very nice! Love this thread, didnt I see some apistos on aquabid from you also. When I get my 75 redone gonna stock from you because I know the quality of your stock. Been lurking on aquabid and some sellers scare me. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom