75 gallon stocking opions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely get some color into your bottom dwellers. I LOVE Hammer Lobsters (they're actually just crayfish) and they're really striking.

You could also do a tank around a larger eel, using a few bigger tankmates like a pleco to fill in some space.

If I had a spare 75g, I would;

Large school of rainbows (there's so many great ones, it's hard to choose)
Several members of the Plotosidae family

Barring that, I'd throw a bunch of US natives in there, lol. Maybe some Pumpkinseeds or Blackbanded sunfish, or bullhead.

For a community tank, I woud do something with Megalechis Thoracata or Hoplos, a bristlenose or two, a large school of rosy barbs or gold barbs to compliment the green in the tank if its heavily planted, and perhaps a pair of keyhole cichlids or some curviceps as the 'personality centerpiece' of the tank. Pearl gouramis are nice too.

How about

1 red tail barracuda
1 freshwater lion fish
1 African butterfly fish
1 needle nosed gar
1 prehistoric dragon goby
I had a similar tank that was a 125 agressive, I had more fish, just that they got too big for a 75, but there are more out there, trust me an agressive tank is one of the best tanks you can have

Freshwater lionfish and dragon gobies are both brakish fish...

That's what I thought about the gobies, And the lion. And I like the idea of rainbows too.

Back
Top Bottom