75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
could I have a oscar with a fire eel or a tiretrack eel or a zig zag eel in a 75 gallon if not what type of eel would be suitable.

I would keep the Oscar solo in a 75 gallon...just my two cents....

how big is it now?

I have a Juvenile Oscar at 4 inches in a South American cichlid 60 gallon now and moving him to a 75 gallon just for him. If it can get it in is mouth not a good tankmate

Well I dont have it yet the eel will be 6 inches when i get it and the oscar will be 2 inches but i know its doable to have at least 1 tankmate in a 75 gallon so do you guys think any of the eel types listed are a good choice.

Off topic a little, but if you do this, you are going to have feeding issues. Eels only eat live food and will not consume staple. Mine will not even eat brine shrimp or blood worm cubes unless they are wiggling and alive. Your Oscar will devour the food before the eel ever stands a chance.

Readingexcalibur said:
Off topic a little, but if you do this, you are going to have feeding issues. Eels only eat live food and will not consume staple. Mine will not even eat brine shrimp or blood worm cubes unless they are wiggling and alive. Your Oscar will devour the food before the eel ever stands a chance.

+1

The Oscar when full grown will attempt to eat the eel no matter how big it is cause it will fit in his mouth (head first). My 5 inch Oscar ate my 6inch dojo loach poor guy :(.

-readingexcalibur what do you feed your eel?

Sharkbait54 said:
+1

The Oscar when full grown will attempt to eat the eel no matter how big it is cause it will fit in his mouth (head first). My 5 inch Oscar ate my 6inch dojo loach poor guy :(.

-readingexcalibur what do you feed your eel?

My lfs stocks live blood worms. Normally 2 ounces feeds for a month. I also tried live brine shrimp I incubated, he kinda took to them.

I think the answer to your question is no, In our opinions it would seem to be a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom