75g Tank, Bichirs, and Other Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so the ich is gone and i picked up a Peacock Eel and 2 more senegal's..

but i haven't seen the eel since he was added to the tank... how do i know he's still alive or even eating for that matter?

but i haven't seen the eel since he was added to the tank... how do i know he's still alive or even eating for that matter?

Sorry that I'm late to the party. But, not to pat my own back, but I know a lot about Polypterus.

What was the ending stocking?

HopefulHobbiest said:

He will come out eventually, my peacock goes through phases of hiding and being very social. Youl probly rarely see him eat aswell.

HopefulHobbiest said:
I just dont want him to starve :(

Feed bloodworms right when you cut the lights out, the bichirs will find it and if the eels hungry he will find it too. They usually come out at night.

Ill try that then... I usually feed frozen blood worms but thats when the lights are still on... my bichir are out and roaming around at all times but tonight ill do it after the lights cut off... they're currently on an automatic timer since my work schedule fluctuates too much to give them a constant on/off time :)

I had a similar problem with my tire track all he does is hang out in his castle only pokes his head out when he want too eat. I decided to go with a fire eel this time aroun for my new 55 long. He's very curious and active he's def a crowd pleasure but my delhezi bichir is my gem. My fire eel however isn't eating I don't think. I'm tried bloodworms, black worms (they were these tiny live worms the guy at the lfs gave me after hearing he wasn't eating) and these pellets which I'd name but I'm not at home at the moment. Any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom