8 fish dead no clue why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbacichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
my father has a 29 gallon tank he's had in the past few days 1 Cory cat 2 Congo tetras 2 eat eaters 3 black neons die on him he's always kept the ph at 6.8 never had a problem this tank been set up for over a year now does 50% water every two weeks. he believes it's a ph spike but test show still 6.8 why is this

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

all other fish seem fine

Do you guys have a master kit to test ammonia nitrite and nitrate? That's usually the culprit. I suggest if you don't have a test kit getting one. Liquid kids are better than the strips. But strips are better than nothing.

Also if you can't get the kit yourself right away fish stores will teat it for you.

Definitely keep doing water changes. I would double that and do 50% every week instead of every other.

How long has the tank been up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You say your father keeps the pH at 6.8. How does he regulate it?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you guys have a master kit to test ammonia nitrite and nitrate? That's usually the culprit. I suggest if you don't have a test kit getting one. Liquid kids are better than the strips. But strips are better than nothing.

Also if you can't get the kit yourself right away fish stores will teat it for you.

Definitely keep doing water changes. I would double that and do 50% every week instead of every other.

How long has the tank been up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

we do have we don't live together I gave him mine to use all parameters are low to 0 ppm. he does have algae outbreaks could thus be why? tanks been up over a year when I upgraded before thanksgiving last year I gave it to him. he's had fish ever since I can remember and before that. this is the fish time he's had multiple fish die on him like this

You say your father keeps the pH at 6.8. How does he regulate it?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

he got the powder you put in the tank he's very anal tho he takes water from tank and scoops out the water and adds the stuff too the water in the cup waits about five to ten minutes before adding. he's always been very successful with his fish he's kept everything you could imagine. he stumped on this

Is there other fish still alive in the tank? If so are they acting any different to normal......

Sent from fish phone

Is there other fish still alive in the tank? If so are they acting any different to normal......

Sent from fish phone

yea they all seem just fine he's got a congo tetra, a dino zebra, 5 corys, an angel, all fine the only fish he added recently are the earth eatters which died in a few days then the others started dying but all these fish he's had for a year or so

Back
Top Bottom