8 Gallon Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the tank. I'm still working on the planting:)
img_1964699_0_fc029c00af905a83a0d5fb8a15d0031c.jpg

img_1964699_1_3e9bbb97660a14431fe1a750706c5bd4.jpg

img_1964699_2_43dede8e655bdae39ebf470310bab153.jpg

img_1964699_3_81d225ee5b2b9fa5819b8cb8dec3476e.jpg

Ok, idea popped into my head, probably bad, but hey it never hurts to ask! I said that I had wanted killifish, do you think that one or two clown killifish would work? I'm sorry if that sounds like a horrible idea and you're thinking 'why would someone ever think of such a combination?'. I know that clown killifish are fairly small and work well with nano fish, but guppies are small-er... Ok, perhaps not... Or maybe chili or phenix rasboras? Any opinions on these?
You may have already ruled these out, but clown killies would work in there, as would the micro rasbora. :)

siva said:
You may have already ruled these out, but clown killies would work in there, as would the micro rasbora. :)

No I haven't ruled them out. I'm tempted to get clown killies, I've always loved their look. I might have to rearrange the tank. I have one male guppy and two male endlers. Siva, how would stock the tank if I got clown killies? I do have another tank that could take the guppy or the endlers...

Yeah they do id never seen them before this! Definitely a good choice!

I think the clown killies would do fine with the livebearers you already have in there, but I have mine in a species tank so I can't say for sure. Some killies can get rough with livebearers, but I wouldn't expect these little guys too. Since you have another tank you could definitely try it, and move the other four out if the killies aren't nice to them. :)

siva said:
I think the clown killies would do fine with the livebearers you already have in there, but I have mine in a species tank so I can't say for sure. Some killies can get rough with livebearers, but I wouldn't expect these little guys too. Since you have another tank you could definitely try it, and move the other four out if the killies aren't nice to them. :)

Yeah. I think that if I can find the clown killies that I'll get some and if it doesn't work move. Thanks for the help:)

No prob. Can you order online or do you have to find them locally?

siva said:
No prob. Can you order online or do you have to find them locally?

I'm hoping to find them locally. Occasionally my LFS has them in, and they're getting a bigger shipment soon to "start the summer". But I may have to go online... I have no issue buying online my fear is finding them. Where did you get yours?

Wetspottropicalfish.com. I'll have some for sale in the future but probably not quick enough for you. ;) The wet spot is awesome. Quality fish and fantastic prices.

For what it's worth, I have my clown killis with a girl guppy and everybody is fine. I have never tried a male though, but they ignore the girl even when she is being bossy.

Back
Top Bottom