80gal...starting over!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovemydragongoby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so last night after what was supposed to be a snail "fishing" ended up being a tear down. i moved the remaining fish to my 10 QT we're going to try to save them. but anyways, i stripped everything down. took all the plants out, dw sand rocks etc...
took me about 5 hours but i'm def happy with the results. and since i cleaned everything, i'm starting the cycle over. Here are the pics:

before:
Picture 007.jpg

after:
Picture 206.jpg
Picture 207.jpg
Picture 208.jpg

and now we just need a stock list

we are most def getting a new dragon goby. ours was way to fun to watch, and we learned lots from our first, Puff (RIP)

Just don't know what else we should put in there this time. Any suggestions?

Oh and course it will be started as a FW and moved to BW once we have it cycled/stocked.

anyone have any advice of what i should put in the tank my a dragon goby...or 2?
are there any schooling fish that can live in brackish water?

i was speaking with a couple ppl at another forum. my city's fish forum winnipegfishforum.info and someone suggested i move my GSP to my 80gal. If I did this he would be the sole fish in the tank. I was doing some research and found greenspottedpuffer.net and they said that ceylons do well with gsps as long as theres enough space. so would my 80gal tank be a good home to a gsp and a ceylon?

basically im just asking cause theres so much info out there on the net, and so many opinions i guess more opinions might help me make up my mind

so after watching the params. daily since we tore the tank down/re-landscaped, everything was in check. no ammonia, no nitrites around 20 nitrates and ph is sitting between 7.0-7.5 we moved our green spotted puffer into our 80 gal. he's loving it. last night we caught him "sleeping" curled up under a java fern leaf. i'll get some pics once hes more acustomed to the tank. looks like he'll be having lots of space to swim around in now.

once we can find a house (were in an apartment right now...i know i have a bad case of MTS 6 tanks in a 2 bedroom 900square foot apartment lmao. a tank in everyroom (except the bathroom and kids room) we even have a snail tank in our laundry room lmao) anyways we'll get a larger tank i'm hoping for a 200gal but i dont think my boyfriend will go for more than a 100gal. and we're going to get a couple dragon gobies. that probably won't be for a few more years though.

I just saw you have a 80g in an apt? We are not allowed in ours, max is 50 lol but who cares lol, tee hee. I just want to see more pics, especially of the puffer :) I dont know what to say to add, I am a noob still lol

lol, ya we live on the main floor and the building are only just about 5 years old so the structure is still good. when we set up the 80 i asked my landlore and she just said "don't go too big" well an 80gal isn't THAT big lol. the only real restrictions on pets are lizards, snakes, basically just no amphibians. which sucks because i was looking at a chinese water dragon. i've always wanted one since i was about 13. (they dont want anything in the building that requires live food) ill post some pics as soon as i can!
thanks for the comments.

yes, my apartment started that pet deposit after i moved in so i didnt have to put one down for my cat. i think its like $300(CDN) or something...i think its kind of dumb, but it saves their buts if anything happens i guess.

thank you!
and its along the back now, apparently when i re did everything apart of the hose broke off. so theres a new one in there now, just a straight one, not the bendy one i had before.

we have stocked it already, i guess because the filters were still running and what not it didn take long. but my 80gal is now the home of my GSP! Now i have his old 30gal to work with. i'm going to try my hands at a high-light planted tank. im just trying to find a fixture for my tank. havent been able to find one for a 30 inch tank.

Back
Top Bottom