90 Gallon Canister Filter Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan to get a 90 Gallon tank for Christmas and its looking like my stock will be 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 Trinidad Pleco, and 1 Red Spotted Severum. Would 2 Fluval 406 Canister filters (one on each side of the tank with the returns pointed towards the center of the tank from each back corner) be a good choice for this fish tank?

If i were you id get an fx5 or fx6 and a fluval 406 if budget allows.

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

You can get fx6 for cheaper on craigs list or wait for a rebate.

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

For the money, nothing beats the aquaclear 110's..... all canister filters are overpriced compared to them.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For the money, nothing beats the aquaclear 110's..... all canister filters are overpriced compared to them.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The sunsun 304 I mentioned is about the same price as the ac110 and holds 2-3 times the media. I had 2 ac110s and they're great filters, but they've been retired in favor of canisters.

Canisters tend to cost more because they are of a higher quality.

I want to run canisters to put the tank closer to the wall. I have an aquaclear 70 now on a 35 and love it! Are the sun sun canisters reliable and quiet and a good product?

A lot of people like the Suns, decent cheap canister. I think 2 of them would work well for your tank.

If money were no issue, I would still get the sunsuns. I gave away the fluval 305 and 405 I had. Good filters, but the design didn't allow me to do what I wanted to do with them.

Back
Top Bottom