90 gallon from salt to fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought a 90 gallon tank that was originally used as a saltwater tank and I am converting it to a freshwater tank. The guy said that he cleaned it really well and it definitely shows but I'd like to make sure its clean.

So my question is what should I use to clean the tank? And How?

I would just use water if all you are trying to do is make sure that they isn't any salt...also a little salt is good for freshwater aquariums so I would be to worried about that. If you are trying to get rid of other marks I would agin just use water. If there are hard water marks try vinegar, if that doesn't work make a paste from vinegar and baking soda

I just bought a 90 gallon tank that was originally used as a saltwater tank and I am converting it to a freshwater tank. The guy said that he cleaned it really well and it definitely shows but I'd like to make sure its clean.

So my question is what should I use to clean the tank? And How?

So are you just wanting to go over it to make sure everything's good, or are there still things that need to be cleaned, such as water spots?

Just want to go over it. There aren't any water spots.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just hot water and a cloth, not one that doesn't have any soap on it, and just scrub the hell out of it. Plus a little tiny trace of salt won't hurt anything anyways. I wouldn't use any cleaning agents or chemicals.

I recently bought a 90 gallon tank that was used for salt water. I'll be running freshwater. Mine wasn't cleaned at all. I used white distilled vinegar and water to clean it up.

Like others said, if it isn't bad then use just water.

Back
Top Bottom