90 gallon is coming together!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well its been months since I bought my 90 gallon tank and stand for 150 bucks! its gorgeous looking I can't believe I got it so cheap! anyways the other day I went to the door and weas thrilled to see my glass tops and cascade 1000 canister filter had arrived. I went ahead the other day and placed another order for 100lbs of eco complete, 300 watt titanium heater, 48" 130watt satellite compact light fixture and a bunch of maintence equipment i.e. mag float, big siphon, etc. oh yeah I forgot I also ordered two 270GPH powersweep powerheads and a current delay device that altrnates them at them different times for a wave effect. I can't wait to get it all set up and going!!!!!!!!! wish me luck it doesn't bust my floor joist and end up under my hosue form the weight! LOL

Ita sounds exciting. You will have to share some photos. I have a question why would you want a wave effect. I am still kind of new but I thought waves were for salty's

mom2reds said:
Ita sounds exciting. You will have to share some photos. I have a question why would you want a wave effect. I am still kind of new but I thought waves were for salty's

I'm curious as well. with a 90 gallon tank, waves may make for an interesting affect though. I wonder how the plants will do.

well the reason I'm going for a wave effect isn't exactly for a real wave effect, I plan on having some long flowing plants and I want them to gently sway back and forth in a certain area of the tank for a really peaceful natural look. do you guys think its a good idea? even if I don't liek it the wave device was only 45 bucks from www.drfostersmith.com so I won't be out an arm and a leg lol

you know whata video is an awesome idea, I just found out that my boss/ friend has two of those color underwater cameras that are attached with about 200 ft of cable to a small color tv. the best part is I can hook it directly to a vcy or stand alone dvd burner I have and recordd from a fish's eye view!!

I'll try and get the unti tommorow at work, I'll have to try and figure out how to post a video on here or on my myspace or something

Back
Top Bottom