A better tank for my betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheMightyOscen

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello!

I currently have a 3.3 gal Superfish Wave 15 with a betta in. I do love the tank, mostly only for its looks...but its just a bit of a hassle. It's currently sat under a shelf on top of my chest of draws next to my bed and out of any direct sunlight.

Obviously I would like to upgrade the tank, to at least a 4.5gal, but I have limited space - the max being H=37cm, L=47cm, W=39cm. Can any one could reccomend a good tank and any good internal filtration to go with it? I already have an awesome heater that can heat up to 13.2gal (Rena Smart Heater 50). I would love to add at least 3 endlers as tankmates so a tank big enough to do that would be ideal.

If this is in the wrong part of the forum I do apologise, just tell me and I will ask somewhere else.
Thanks for reading!

If your looking for something to fit on a shelf I think Petco makes a bookshelf aquarium. It's two feet long but really thin and not that tall. But it looks like you have more space than that tank needs anyway.

Longer tanks will allow you to stock more. I had a betta in a 5 gallon hex for a while (Really tall) and I couldn't have any tank mates because all of the swimming space was vertical. I don't think I would buy a hex again for that reason even though it was super clean looking (due to having all the filtration in the top and out of sight.

I have no particular attachment to the petco variation. I was only pointing out that the same number of gallons in a longer aquarium will make it easier for you to house tank mates with your betta in what it still a very small amount of volume. :)

Back
Top Bottom