a bubble wall is a MUST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Aston

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my personal experience , a bubble wall is a MOST!

It gives more air of for other fish.

Definitely not a must to have a bubble wall. In fact it is counter productive to run one in a planted tank if injecting co2.

I'm with Fort here. Fish don't need air. Good movement of the surface water is all you really need. If you inject CO2 it's a MUST NOT. Besides, air pumps are loud, I prefer an air hose on a power head if need be.

Sorry about that , i posted that on someone's thread and it was too old. So the admin moved it onto here.

Also , Live Plant's + Air Pump = ?

Having both of them would cause a problem?

Or not?
Thanks

Sorry about that , i posted that on someone's thread and it was too old. So the admin moved it onto here.

Having both of them would cause a problem?

Or not?
Thanks

live plants and air pumps are not a good combo, because the oxygen lowers the levels of CO2 in the tank and plants like CO2 lol CO2 will make plants grow greener and faster along with high light. thats why most planted tanks do not have an airstone on 24/7. but if you were using CO2, you would want the air pump on at night to prevent a fatal pH crash hope this helps:)

live plants and air pumps are not a good combo, because the oxygen lowers the levels of CO2 in the tank and plants like CO2 lol CO2 will make plants grow greener and faster along with high light. thats why most planted tanks do not have an airstone on 24/7. but if you were using CO2, you would want the air pump on at night to prevent a fatal pH crash hope this helps:)

I think the real concern is the co2 concentration getting too high if it's a DIY system running 24/7.

I do agree that supplemental air is not really necessary. Although most of my tanks are run on sponge filters, so it's the only method of filtration. And about air pumps being noisy, some are, but some aren't. I have a little fusion air pump that is pretty quiet, and my commercial style alita al-60 makes no noise at all except the noise from the air coming out of the end of the piping, wherever that may be.

I think the real concern is the co2 concentration getting too high if it's a DIY system running 24/7.

I do agree that supplemental air is not really necessary. Although most of my tanks are run on sponge filters, so it's the only method of filtration. And about air pumps being noisy, some are, but some aren't. I have a little fusion air pump that is pretty quiet, and my commercial style alita al-60 makes no noise at all except the noise from the air coming out of the end of the piping, wherever that may be.

Thanks Very Much

Fishy Aston said:
As long as you are not injecting CO2, adding an air stone can help your CO2 level.

Austin.b said:
oxygen lowers the levels of CO2 in the tank
These levels are not related. One does not displace the other.

Back
Top Bottom