A coworkers new 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of the guys at work is getting a new 55g.He was going to get the starter kit from wally world for about 160 when I told about a new 55 with lights at the lfs for 99.

Which leaves $60 to hopfully get a heater and filter that would be better then what would have come with the kit.

We have a local petsmart so the web price match can/should be considered.

Recomendations as to size and brand of each would be great.

(I also have two 55gs on the way from various sources so this will help me down the road as well).

I'll edit in a petsmart link in a moment.Here it is:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/brow...93&N=2023693&Ne=2&In=Fish&bmUID=1146359921746

Thanks as always,

Perfect!And know doubt much better then the kit provides.

looks great to me..any objections?

if its the kit from petsmart then youll get the topfin filter and an all glass aquarium heater as i did with my 20 gallon and the topfin filter sucks :) it doesnt go ouit in a full stream of water anymore but the heater is okay. doesnt get you high enought to treat ich or anything. also depending on stock go for a good canister filter and how often he will do water changes.

The kit was 160.

The 99 is for just a 55g with lights (new) at a different store.

I've learned enough here to have him spend the same money but be better equiped.

Back
Top Bottom