Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

No worries about questions. Yeah, the smaller tank will not do any good for the healing process at all honestly. You may as well leave him in the bigger one.
Sory for asking again, but how often does he get bloated? Has he still gotten bloated after you have cut back his feedings? Does he have a fasting day?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

this is the first time ive noticed him actually getting bloated... im wanting to prevent any future problems...i was feeding him 2-3 times a day and cut to once a day and bloodworms as a treat in the evenings... now he wont eat bloodworms at all when he used to love them and at first when i put him in the new tank he wouldnt eat and now he only eats the pellets......

as of 1230am here ive completely cleaned out his water and tank and put in new water with aquarium salt and stress coat water conditioner...

Hes calmer and inspecting evrything... i had put him in his cup to change the tank and he was so agitated in there cause he hates small spaces... he was attacking the inside of the cup and trying to jump out but there was a lid on it and he was breathing heavy.... now he seems to be fine except for the bloating in his abdomen ( the space behind his tiny fins) and the fin rot...

Amy Lynn
dancersmama79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Poor guy. If you look down at him from above, is the bloating sticking out more on one side than the other? Are his scales pineconing out at all?

I love Hikari and NLS brand betta pellets. I never have any bloating issues with my bettas that eat only those brands and frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp.

It does sound like you are really overfeeding. Their stomachs are only the size of their eye. They should get about 3 pellets a day OR frozen bloodworms or brineshrimp. Not both. No freeze dried foods, only frozen. Feed six days a week and on the seventh day feed a few pellet sized pieces of blanched shelled pea. Pea moves through them quick so it will help prevent constipation. It would be a good idea to offer him so pea now, but don't feed anything else for the next few days.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by siva
Poor guy. If you look down at him from above, is the bloating sticking out more on one side than the other? Are his scales pineconing out at all?

I love Hikari and NLS brand betta pellets. I never have any bloating issues with my bettas that eat only those brands and frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp.

It does sound like you are really overfeeding. Their stomachs are only the size of their eye. They should get about 3 pellets a day OR frozen bloodworms or brineshrimp. Not both. No freeze dried foods, only frozen. Feed six days a week and on the seventh day feed a few pellet sized pieces of blanched shelled pea. Pea moves through them quick so it will help prevent constipation. It would be a good idea to offer him so pea now, but don't feed anything else for the next few days.
And don't fall for the "I'm starving to death" Betta wiggle. Mine always try to convince me that I already fasted them yesterday and today is the day I feed them. I only give in sometimes...
Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

ive fed him some pea the last 2 days... and 3 pellets in the morning... nothing else... it does look like one side is more bloated than the other but no pineconing...

Amy Lynn
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

heres pictures of him i just took
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0805.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	73709   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0798.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	73710  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0800.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	73711  

Amy Lynn
Old 01-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmama79 View Post
ive fed him some pea the last 2 days... and 3 pellets in the morning... nothing else... it does look like one side is more bloated than the other but no pineconing...
try one pellet in the morning one in the afternoon. Fast one day a week and a give quarter of a deshelled blanched pea the day after the fast thats the schedule mine is on and i havnt had any bloating probs currently treating my little guy for fin rot as well
Old 01-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

how do u treat fin rot?

Amy Lynn
Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmama79 View Post
how do u treat fin rot?
i use the Maracyn-Two tablets for 7 days
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

its hard for me to use the tablets cause i only have a 5 gal... and im a bit leery on using medicine right away for him... right now im using stress coat and aquarium salt...

Amy Lynn

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com