a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polaris_Rider

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just a a few questions first of all i have a 55 gallon fish tank with two oscars a 1 pleco king and i want i want to get a bigger aquarium so i found a 125 gallon would this be a good size for them? and do all 125 gallon aquariums come the same size and shape?or are they different?

Welcome to AA Polaris_Rider!

A 125 gal should be perfect for the 2 oscars and your pleco...but Nothing Else!!

Also, you can get an aquarium in basically any shape that you want if you get it custom made. Not all 125 gal tanks are EXACTLY the same, but I imagine all are pretty close in dimensions. Tanks come is all sizes... tall tanks, wide tanks, long tanks, and etc..

BTW..if you are talking about 4-wheelers in your handle, right on! I love my Honda Rancher!! 8)

Hi Polaris :D . There is a common foot print for a 125 gal. It's 6 foot long X 2 foot wide by 18 " tall. It's a great tank and really ideal for most bio types.

The stocking of any tank has to do with the types of fish you're keeping, the amount of filtration, and the frequency of water changes. What other fish are you thinking of mixing with your oscars and pleco?

Some other tankmates to consider might be Severum and Tinfoil barbs assuming they are about equal size :D . I'd pass on the divider though.

I'd pass on the divder as well. Balas and ID sharks will need the full 6 feet of swimming room as they grow and placing them in something much smaller for too long will lead to problems.

Don't stick anything int he tank that an oscar can attempt to get its mouth around. I have heard some horror stories about oscars and catfish.

Back
Top Bottom