A fresh start on my 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just moved my two convicts out of my 55 gallon tank and I'm working on adding some new peaceful fish. I already have two pearl Gouramis, three small angel fish, and 4 kuhli loaches. Any ideas on what I should add?

I just moved my two convicts out of my 55 gallon tank and I'm working on adding some new peaceful fish. I already have two pearl Gouramis, three small angel fish, and 4 kuhli loaches. Any ideas on what I should add?

Cory cats, Julii, very nice
I would also recommend a stripped Raphael catfish
Also some hatchetfish if you have a lid
Rainbow fish, very nice

I have three albino bronze cories and three yoyo botias in quarantine for that tank so I will be getting more cories. I'll look for Raphael cats but I have never seen them in Hawaii. I almost forgot. I also have a pair of zebra loaches.

I would say you are stocked for now. See how those angel all react to each other. There could be some feistiness towards one another, or the gourami.

But if they all get along and things seem good, I would say a few bosemani rainbows, or even a school of tetras.

Beware of the yoyo loaches, they can be aggressive and kill small fish. Rainbows are a great option, as well as adding more corys and kuhlis.

Right now the angels and gouramis have settled in. They were a bit aggressive to each other at first but now they aren't fighting. I will be getting more cories and loaches. I might get male guppies and I will be getting some tetras for sure.

Ok. Keep in mind that the angels are still small but I understand what you mean. I will probably add a pleco or two.

More zebra loaches will bring out their personality better. When i only had a few I never saw them. When I bumped their school to eight I began seeing them all over the tank constantly Playing.

Wooh hold on betta. Your an experienced member, you have on the list: 3 angels, 2 gouramis, 4 kuhlis, 3 bronze cories + mentioning getting more, 2 zebraLoaches +6 or more Tetra.. maybe guppies, pleco or 2.

Youre over stocked. Double your fitration and i recommend 2 canisters and never miss one of your tri-weekly changes and its a possibility but in my opinion cut back alittle on the fish buddy.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/ you can even use your browser! :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Wooh hold on betta. Your an experienced member, you have on the list: 3 angels, 2 gouramis, 4 kuhlis, 3 bronze cories + mentioning getting more, 2 zebraLoaches +6 or more Tetra.. maybe guppies, pleco or 2.

Should i taking this seriously? I will answer in a serious manner dispite my initial impression, your going to over stocked. Double your fitration abd i recommend 2 canisters and never miss one of your tri-weekly changes and its a possibility but in my opinion cut back alittle on the fish dude.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really don't think that this is being over stocked

Well i do, consider that the first angel needs 20gallons and 10gallons for each additional, so theres 40g gone already..using the plecos as an example, 55gallons stocked without the additionals. Depending on filtration/water change routine and the pleco species, possibly over.

Last edited:
Well, if that's overstocked then mine is hell, it's been set up for more than a year, and everything couldn't be better

Ok let's keep it civil. I have other spare tanks so if need be I can move some fish out of my tank

Back
Top Bottom