A friend for my Fighter :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you get me any ideas of what can I add to my 25l (about 6 gallon) tank that is housing my "Walter" and a zebra snail and that would clean the bottom a bit? I don't want shrimps because: a) I have them in my 'main' tank and, b) I'm concerned he may treat them as a snack :)

The temp in the tank is set for 27 degrees because the Fighter likes it higher (but zebra snail doesn't so it's not 29 :D)

A 6 gallon tank is too small to put another fish species. Plus, there's the fact that the vast majority of bettas are solitary fish and do not like tank mates. Walter doesn't really need a friend.

LyndaB said:
A 6 gallon tank is too small to put another fish species. Plus, there's the fact that the vast majority of bettas are solitary fish and do not like tank mates. Walter doesn't really need a friend.

+1

Really if you wanted a tank with a few fish you should've gotten a larger tank and not got the Betta.

Scouser said:
+1

Really if you wanted a tank with a few fish you should've gotten a larger tank and not got the Betta.

Nonono, you got it all wrong :D
I already have a 165l that fully fulfils my 'variety' needs :) It's just that at the outcome of a few events I ended up with empty, fully matured 25l and I thought it would be a shame to just put it away. My first thought was "shrimps!", but there wasn't much to choose from at the moment and my wife decided to cheer me up with Walter :)
I just thought that he'll be a bit lonely in the tank, so I wanted a company for him that would clean the bottom of the tank at the same time.
But I'm perfectly fine with him being alone-- he's busy enough fighting his own reflection and playing hide-and-seek in the bushes :)

Back
Top Bottom