A good heater for a 55 gallon freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys it's been over a year since I last posted. I finally just got my aquarium setup again as unfortunately some personal matters caused me to have to relocate. Everything with the aquarium is fine, I just need to get myself a proper heater for my tank. I have two smaller ones right now and I'm sorta dreading that they won't do the job. I did have a 250watt but for some reason it disappeared from my previous home. Any suggestions would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keep in mind I'm in Canada. Now what is the average price of this brand?

Keep in mind I'm in Canada. Now what is the average price of this brand?

You'd need the 200W model, which is going for around $60 USD on Amazon. I didnt look anywhere else.

I agree Cobalt is the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
$60-$70 I bought 2 from my Local fish store for $72.99 US. There spendy but there not glass, wont break, have an LED display so you know exactly what the temp is and are easy to set.

Aqueon Pro heaters are nice. Not sure if they're available in Canada?

Aqueon Pro Heater | Aquarium Heaters at DrsFosterSmith.com
These are good to, probably $30-40 for the 200 or 250w model, I just don't like the dial that you have to set where you want, check the temp and adjust then check the temp again and so on to get it where you want it.

These are good to, probably $30-40 for the 200 or 250w model, I just don't like the dial that you have to set where you want, check the temp and adjust then check the temp again and so on to get it where you want it.

Really? I just set it and forget it. It's accurate and stable. No need to baby it.

I put a 50W Eheim Jäger in my 10 gal tank. It's fully submersible, and you can even "calibrate" the temp dial so there's no guessing when you set the temp. I really like it. I have a Fluval heater in my 29 gal and the temp gauge on that is... Well let's just say it's for reference only.

Good luck.

Really? I just set it and forget it. It's accurate and stable. No need to baby it.
Yeah exactly you set it at 76 or 78 or what ever and the water is that temp, if not the heaters broke lol. No having to set it at what is suppose to be 80 to get 76 or 72 to get 76 like the analog dials. The Fluval E200 would work too but they are glass on the inside and I like the neo-therms better. Honestly I would prefer something with a remote temp gauge but I couldn't find anything I liked with that, the Aquatop dual digital heaters had horrid reviews. The neo-therms have a 3 year warranty too.

I put a 50W Eheim Jäger in my 10 gal tank. It's fully submersible, and you can even "calibrate" the temp dial so there's no guessing when you set the temp. I really like it. I have a Fluval heater in my 29 gal and the temp gauge on that is... Well let's just say it's for reference only.

Good luck.

Yeah the Jagers are good but still glass. I think they have like a lifetime warranty tho.

Back
Top Bottom