A little change up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derail

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got some pictures of a rearing/breeding tank, a 30 gallon with the only natural things being the rocks to the right, which I have cleverly place an airhose under for bubbles to come from (good remedy when you don't place the filter in a spot to aggravate the water surface across the whole tank).

I was thinking of adding some live plants, or simply rearranging...but I would like a more natural look...obviously the skull and cave need to come out. Any suggestions of potential plants? I see gorgeous tank setups and would like one myself. The water stays constant at 76, ph 8.2, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite in check, and really hard water, 250 kh (i believe that's the right unit).

I keep guppys and molly's. Tried to snap a picture of some of them but the buggers swim so much lol.

ForumRunner_20120117_013240.jpg

ForumRunner_20120117_013302.jpg

Nice tank:)

Your tank would look even better with just a few things. A nice piece of driftwood in the center covered in moss or java fern. Easy plants such as wisteria on the sides, with hornwort, or vals in the back. Easy peezy lemon squeezy:) haha

I know literally nothing about aquarium plants, will those make it in that tank? I've heard that plants can be sensitive, which after losing a shoal of tetras (neon) to the hard water and high ph I'm leery of expenditures lol. (i kinda blame the loss of tetras on the fact i purchased then from walmart >.<)

Also, when do guppys mature sexually? One of my blank guppy's (no color yet) is a boy, or at least I noticed him finally...hard to keep up with 30 of them.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. It's the standard florescent light that came with the tank.i want to say it's 55watts

derail said:
Honestly, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. It's the standard florescent light that came with the tank.i want to say it's 55watts

Usually the standard lights are t8. They are normally only good for the lowest light plants like moss, anubias and java ferns. They are really easy to grow. :)

Ok cool. So I'll want to invest in a different light for plants then. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom