A small update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
for those of you that were interested, i filled the DIY 85gal today. works great and looks even better. i also hooked up the xp3 filter to circulate the water for the week that the tank is leak testing. i don't foresee any problems because the epoxy and silicone are very solid. i have the wood to build the canopy frame, maybe i'll get to cutting some of it this weekend, maybe not. things may get put on hold for the rest of the month because i'm taking two summer courses (the ones i was only able to get into b/c i'm a senior...finally.) basically i'll be leaving for class at 8:30am, classes until 3:30,pm going from UC straight to work (going in two hours early b/c it would be a waste to drive all the way home, then all the way back to work,) then work until at least 11:30 everything night, geting home around 12:30am, ect. i'm going to die. seriously, i'm dreading this schedule. if my advertising class (which is at 9:30am) requires me to do a big outside project, i'll drop it because i will not be able to get them done. i've done these 3week summer courses before, but i didn't have a job to worry about...this is going to be intense, so i have to put all of my projects on hold. i was really hoping to start cycling the 85 by the end of this month, but that's not looking very likely....

i also set up a 10gallon tank that will be heavily planted and stocked with a few dwarf puffers. substrate is one bag of eco-complete. i went with the marineland visitherm 50watt heater, and after learning some aweful truths about the ACs, i bought another whisper power filter. plant selection will be a few species of anubias, narrow-leaf java fern, java moss, echinodorus tennellus, hygrophila difformis, and maybe rotala indica. right now all that's in there is the anubias 'nana' and java fern i had to rescue from the 29gal before my pleco destroyed them.

Back
Top Bottom