A tank divider for creating a birthing area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myriam

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought a tank divider for my 20G tank, and I wanted to find out people's opinions/experiences with using one before I even open the package.

The divider fits into slots that go in the tank, and it has tiny holes all over it. It is a very thin, see-thru plastic. The package says it will not inhibit the heater or the filter system, and would keep both areas in good water condition, so it would work for creating a breeding area on one side of the tank. Is this really the case?

I have a pregnant molly and I think 2 pregnant platies, and from what I've read here it seems that isolating them in a breeding tank, if not done correctly, may result in stillborn fry because of the mom's stress. So I thought if I isolated the pregnant fish in about 1/3 of the tank, that might work better. Then after they give birth I can move the moms back to the other side, and then the fry have a nice big area to grow and eat and stay safe.

Any opinions or advice would be very appreciated! :)

Back
Top Bottom