A very pretty fish to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

builtf0rdtough

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive got 3 zebra danias, 3 guppies, 2 ghost cats, and a pleco. I would like to add a very pretty fish to the tank, one that will be very pleasing to look at. Do you think I could add an Angel to the tank? would it be ok with the fish that are already in there? I dont have any live plants at the moment, had some before, but they didnt last long. any ideas?

Maybe some java fern for plants or some aniabias. I don't know what angels need but maybe a 29G is okay ?? Gouramis maybe would be a good fish but also a betta could be a swing and a miss in a community tank.

haha I didnt know you could have betta's with other fish? Thought they had to be alone in a tank. That would be cool, they are very pretty. I read that a 29 is the smallest tank suitable for an angel, and that it needs to be planted. Curious if anyone has angels, and what their setup is.

I love my Honey Gouramis. They are very small (Around 2 inches) and have more subtle colours then a dwarf gourami. I think they are more peaceful generally speaking than a dwarf gourami. The dwarf gourami may be another consideration.

I don't have any experience with angels, but how tall is the tank? They need a certain height. I won't comment though on whether or not angels will work, because I don't know.

You could probably add a lone ram to the tank. The German Blue Ram, can be very sensitive, but a bolivian ram may work

builtf0rdtough said:
haha I didnt know you could have betta's with other fish? Thought they had to be alone in a tank. That would be cool, they are very pretty. I read that a 29 is the smallest tank suitable for an angel, and that it needs to be planted. Curious if anyone has angels, and what their setup is.

An angel would be fine in there. Don't get a betta since you have guppies. However bettas can get along with others. All my bettas are in community tanks, besides one but they're all calm. Also bump up the zebra count to 6-7 the more the merrier with schooling fish:D. Also what type of pleco do you have? If it's a common please return it, they get like 2 ft long!

. Also bump up the zebra count to 6-7 the more the merrier with schooling fish:D. Also what type of pleco do you have? If it's a common please return it, they get like 2 ft long!

We kind of dont like the zebras as they chase the guppies, thought a time or two about taking them back to petsmart, will they mellow out with a higher number of them? and the pleco is the common pleco, weve had him since sept and he hasnt grown that I can see. I named him so it would be hard to give him away..lol he's Mr. P, after I found out they grow that big it was already too late and he was named. When I do finally give him away Ill get a rubberlip or something that stays small. My tank is 19" from top to bottom.

We kind of dont like the zebras as they chase the guppies, thought a time or two about taking them back to petsmart, will they mellow out with a higher number of them? and the pleco is the common pleco, weve had him since sept and he hasnt grown that I can see. I named him so it would be hard to give him away..lol he's Mr. P, after I found out they grow that big it was already too late and he was named. When I do finally give him away Ill get a rubberlip or something that stays small. My tank is 19" from top to bottom.

The zebra danios should calm down in larger numbers, but I don't know whether or not it will stop them from chasing the guppies completely

Usually they'll start to calm down because there'll be more of them to pick on. But like what cherrybarb123 said it may not keep them away entirely.

Back
Top Bottom