A very tragic day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Unfortunately we lost my favorite betta last night... My boyfriend found him upside down, colorless and breathing very heavily underneath our driftwood. He decided to euthanize him...it was clear he wouldn't make it and was afraid he might contaminate our discus.

I don't understand what happened I took these photos the other day and was impressed at how well he was thriving and how big he had gotten since we bought him. We had him for about a year and kept him in our 55 gallon discus tank at 84 degrees.

I tested the water today and everything was perfect however ammonia was at .25

I don't think the discus did it since my boyfriend said he had no fin damage.

Our discus are all fine... We just did a huge water change to reduce ammonia levels...

So sad I truly loved this fish....

ForumRunner_20130201_102017.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_102028.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_102037.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_102046.jpg

RIP!

Sorry to hear about your betta. It's always sad to loose your favourite fish, especially when there's no obvious signs of how it happened...
You mentioned you have discus, i think they are beautiful fish. Do you have any photo's, i would love to see some.....Ian

Wow, that's so sad:( I'm very sorry for you're fish! I wish you good luck with you're discus!
:(

Very sad to lose a fish so suddenly, sorry to hear about it. I recently loss two of my four Z. Danios.

Jcolon,so sorry for your loss as well :( thank you all for your sympathies. Here are some of our discus

ForumRunner_20130201_111337.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_111345.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_111423.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_111455.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_111513.jpg
ForumRunner_20130201_111547.jpg

Thank you! Here's a which video I just made, although it does them no justice

Nice Discus! They are beautiful. Sorry to hear about your Betta. I just lost a zebra danio I had in my 55 gal last night. I have no clue what happened. I had 4 in there and no other fish. They've been doing great, then when I woke up this morning the little guy was gone!

Nice Discus! They are beautiful. Sorry to hear about your Betta. I just lost a zebra danio I had in my 55 gal last night. I have no clue what happened. I had 4 in there and no other fish. They've been doing great, then when I woke up this morning the little guy was gone!

That just happened to my threadfin rainbow fish in my 55 gallon angel tank! Just happened to look in one day and he was gone.... And no corpse anywhere! It was my fault though I only had the one in the tank and I'm pretty sure they should be in groups. I think the angels got to him.

I'm sorry about your danio :( do you have a lot of hiding spots....maybe he will turn up?

That just happened to my threadfin rainbow fish in my 55 gallon angel tank! Just happened to look in one day and he was gone.... And no corpse anywhere! It was my fault though I only had the one in the tank and I'm pretty sure they should be in groups. I think the angels got to him.

I'm sorry about your danio :( do you have a lot of hiding spots....maybe he will turn up?

I guess his body was "hiding"! My son texted me after school and said he was sucked up next to the intake. So, dang it, dead fish!! I have 3 left. I did a 30% water change tonight and added my dechlorinator so I hope everyone else lives!!

Back
Top Bottom