abrivations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K

kansaschick08

URAJRKPLSGOAWAY= you are a jerk!PLEASE GO AWAY!

Why do we have this? im not saying it to anyone i am just asking? :?: :uhoh:

Good question LOL I've never seen that before.

I'm gonna pop this into the Lounge; more peeps will see it there and maybe someone has an answer.

Btw LOL how did you find it?

Hrmm. not today tho; somethings up with the database and it won't let me move it atm.

i found it under "comon abbreviations"up at the top where it says home, forums, ECT.

Too funny!!
I like this one: YMMV
I never see this one used: wysiwyg
I rarely see this one: FWIW, but I may start using it!
I just realized I was using an abbreviation that doesn't exist. I had been using LPS to refer to "local pet store" when talking about a pet store not specializing in fish. And yet there is LHS. 8O

Wonderful observation kansaschick!!

Ok it's wierd that anyone would say that here, let alone often enough for an abreviation to be made of it.

Ok it's wierd that anyone would say that here
It does say "PLEASE" :D
What I don't understand, the more I look at that abbreviation, is the length. By the time one types out the abbreviation (and gets it right), you might as well write it out!

And I have already successfully used FWIW this evening :lol:

lol menagerie!!! FWIW :mrgreen: thats a good one. well to0morrow ismonday which means school :( but work for yall older ppl (but no to old) well im gonna go ttyl

FWIW, I just realized I have been using an abbrevition incorrectly. IMHO does not stand for "In My Humble Opinion"--I need to be using JMHO. I also don't like HTH meaning two different things. Sometimes I am "Happy To Help," but usually I "Hope This Helps." Oh well, wysiwyg. Things could be worse, I could have RTN, which leads to ROTFLMAO. I just have to keep telling myself YMMV.
Now, if only I could get my fish to tell the meanies URAJRKPLSGOAWAY.

I imagine some of the abbreviations were downloaded from chat abbreviations. URAJRKPLSGOAWAY is used pretty frequently in chat rooms where peeps are trying to "whisper" a member who is not appreciative of the attention. . .

I imagine some of the abbreviations were downloaded from chat abbreviations.

Nope.

While they might be common to things used in chat or IM they where not taken from some list anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom