AC 50 or Fluval C3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenLouise

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wanted to get people's opinions on which is better and quieter. I know both HOB filters are made by the same company, just wanted some input and thoughts! Trying to decide which to purchase.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Good question! Some folks will tell you that the AC50 is antiquated, others will say save your money.
I've only used the AC50 so I can't give you a fair answer. I believe the bypass issues with the AC50 no longer exists with the C3.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I have lots of AC filters and no C3. I do know I can walk into almost any pet type store and buy the necessary supplies for the AC filters. I'm not even sure what the C3 uses. My AC are quiet except if the water level goes low then you have a waterfall of course. And I have heard people say the same things Fresh2o said so yeah I probably am no help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I currently have an AC 70 on my tank. I'll be upgrading to a 40B and going to add another filter. I heard and saw Fluval made a somewhat similar HOB filter and wanted to get other people's opinions. :))

Have you considered the canister then? I have 3 of the 206 from Fluval. 2 on 20g long tanks and 1 on a 29g. I also have a 306 on my 55. They are super quiet, very easy to work with and self explanatory on how to assemble if you don't read directions.

Have you considered the canister then? I have 3 of the 206 from Fluval. 2 on 20g long tanks and 1 on a 29g. I also have a 306 on my 55. They are super quiet, very easy to work with and self explanatory on how to assemble if you don't read directions.

I have, just don't have it in the budget at the moment :-/

Not used the C3 but I have the C4 and an AC50..

Both great filters. IMO the c4 is much quieter than the AC but the AC has the benefit of more internal space for customization.

Both have good positives. You decide which you like more :)

Caleb

I have, just don't have it in the budget at the moment :-/

I totally understand
Some people like the Sunsun brand canisters and they are a lot cheaper. Might be something to look into as well.

I totally understand
Some people like the Sunsun brand canisters and they are a lot cheaper. Might be something to look into as well.

Cascade are on the cheaper side as well. Mine is dead silent.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom