AC HOB, can it be made safe for C. Trilineatus Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I didn't cause it but it is happenning. Eggs all over the glass. I don't know if they are fertile but will know soon.

The question is, is there any way to protect the fry from my AC HOB?
I don't want them to get sucked into it because I am leaving them in the tank with the other trilineatus and taking my chances because my breeder tank isn't even close to ready yet. The good thing is that they should breed more and more so once the tank is ready I have a place to put them.

Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I mean any!

There are a couple of things you can do. First, reduce the flow, by sliding the intake tube to the right, and secondly, you can add a sponge over the intake. A sponge insert can be fitted over the intake by putting a slit in the centre. One other thing you can do is put an impeller from a smaller model into the motor. the motors are the same only the impeller is different. I just discovered that my AC 150, has been runnig with a AC300 motor/impeller. I found the motor/impeller that should have been on the filter, and discovered that the motor was the same. This opens up a number of possiblities. Good luck.

I think that is a real good idea. The next question, is it ok to use any sponge or should I order a cheap spongle filter replacement and cut it up?

Will porbably do the second one when I can get one but for now I have a fine cloth from an old net breeder that I tied on with a rubberband that is working well but clogs really fast.

Thanks and hopefully I will get a couple of the eggs to hatch so I can at least see what they look like as fry.

Back
Top Bottom