Accidentally swallowed tank water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is just wrong on sooo many levels lol.

Have you looked into the python?

LOL Actually, my siphon is a python. I end up making a mess with the squeezy thing so I just took it off.

Etid: I think I may have been misinformed. Just looked up Python. that's not what I have.

I haven't swallowed it but I sure have gotten it in my mouth a bunch pf times. It usually gags me and I throw up a little bit in the bucket I'm siphoning into. Pretty much every time I do a water change. I'm used to it I guess but my hubby freaks out when he sees it happen. He always asks why i put myself through that. I just shrug and suck on the tube to get it going again.

Best....thread....EVER!

First time it happened to me the other end was right near a bunch of fish poo. It for some reason didn't take the first time so I sucked in quick and for a good second. Poo came rushing faster than I could react. I really freaked out and being underage I didn't have access to the good ol cure all whiskey. I had to have used half a big bottle of mouthwash over the next couple hours. Was definitely not fun. I had the squeezy thing too but it developed a crack that killed the suction power so I ended up tossing that part.

Yuck this is why i don't start my siphon with my mouth :p there is another way that will leave a better taste in your mouth... Well no taste.

Happened to me once,mouthwashed a bunch,then sat back with a captain and coke until the tank was done draining. I guess after you have to siphon gas in an emergency and get a mouthful of that,a little tank water isnt all that bad.

Happened to me once,mouthwashed a bunch,then sat back with a captain and coke until the tank was done draining. I guess after you have to siphon gas in an emergency and get a mouthful of that,a little tank water isnt all that bad.

I agree gas is way worse than tank water. Captain and coke is a good cure all to lol, to those of a legal age of course.

Yea there are definitely ways around using your mouth. If you submerge the siphon in your tank until all the air is out of the hose it works just as well. My siphon only requires a few pumps up and down in the water to get it started.

I haven't swallowed it but I sure have gotten it in my mouth a bunch pf times. It usually gags me and I throw up a little bit in the bucket I'm siphoning into. Pretty much every time I do a water change. I'm used to it I guess but my hubby freaks out when he sees it happen. He always asks why i put myself through that. I just shrug and suck on the tube to get it going again.

Oh lord!

ive never had this experience but...........how did you swallow fish water or how could you ?

Back
Top Bottom