acclimating fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am very impatient when it comes to adding new fish. I'm sure I could do better. Just wondering what techniques others are using. :fish1:

Google "drip acclimation" if you are really patient. I just float them and dump about 1/4 cup of water every 15 mins for 2 hours and then dump them out of the bag into the net. You don't want to put the water from the bag into your tank, just to be safe.

Google "drip acclimation" if you are really patient. I just float them and dump about 1/4 cup of water every 15 mins for 2 hours and then dump them out of the bag into the net. You don't want to put the water from the bag into your tank, just to be safe.

^^^^ this is what I do. Good advice right here

I only got a 2.5 gal for a quairntine/acc tank its kept at the same as my full size tank (55) I let them float for awhile about 30 min forr the temp to balance then I drain most of the water when they are ready to go in...eaither tank depending on size of fish or school...but if it allows every hits the q tank for at least a min of a week or more...

And when I do water changes on my q tank I refill with waste water from my main, so my bb is the same...

Back
Top Bottom