Add this before that..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at getting 2 bushynose pleco's for my 29g tank. But I was also going to add a plant pack. Which should I add first?

Current stock
4 guppies (male)
1 cory cat
3 amazon swords

I plan on getting more fish to pair with the current stock, had some casualties recently.

GoneFishing said:
I am looking at getting 2 bushynose pleco's for my 29g tank. But I was also going to add a plant pack. Which should I add first?

Current stock
4 guppies (male)
1 cory cat
3 amazon swords

I plan on getting more fish to pair with the current stock, had some casualties recently.

Is your tank cycled? I'll get the plants first. You can cycle your tank with plants.

Recommended tank size for a bushy nose is 30g minimum. You might want to get a bigger tank first or pass on the bushynose pleco.

With guppies, usually you'd want to get 2 female and a male. I'm not sure with 4 males though if they are going to fight without any female around. You can add corys and guppies at the same time but I'd go with introducing the guppies first. Then the cories after a week or 2.

Edit: corydoras like to be in a group. With your tank size I'd get at least 3-4.

Really? One gallon short doesn't seem a reason to pass on a fish. Does the 1 gal really make that big of a difference?

Well I don't want uncontrolled breeding going on lol.. I guess that would explain fin nipping that has happened recently.

GoneFishing said:
Really? One gallon short doesn't seem a reason to pass on a fish. Does the 1 gal really make that big of a difference?

Maybe if you'll just keep the pleco and not buy any other fish it'll be fine.

GoneFishing said:
Well I don't want uncontrolled breeding going on lol.. I guess that would explain fin nipping that has happened recently.

Then just get all females instead of all males.

Hmm ok, I could go the route of getting ottos. How do these guys compare to plecos cleaning wise?

GoneFishing said:
Hmm ok, I could go the route of getting ottos. How do these guys compare to plecos cleaning wise?

IMO, Otos are better with cleaning algae on stem plants. I haven't seen my BNP clean my ludwigias but they are keeping my amazons clean.

Back
Top Bottom