Added sand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kushgodrex

Aquarium Advice Freak
It looks so amazing! It took well over an hour to wash the sand, but it was well worth it. Check it out.. I had no problems!

Attachments

• image-1661881038.jpg
    image-1661881038.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 110
Thanks, I wish I could transport every body to my house to view my tank. I think I love my tank more than my gf

Nice, I think the sand is better for plants anyways than gravel. Gravel is better for bacteria and micro and dirt/sand is better for plants, just my opinion. What kind of fish are you gonna keep?

I have a bunch of fish :) some rainbow sharks, mollies platys I think they're called, angelfish, turtles( my natural fertilizer) two Juvi green Texas chiclids and killifish, I also have a Juvi chinese hi fin shark and a Juvi black ghost knife fish, but I have a 150 waiting for them :)

I did my first water change with my black diamond sand and it was super easy! I picked up every piece of poop and Didn't even cloud my tank. I love sand and I won't go to gravel ever.

Yeah I know, I wanted black sand but it's 20$ for 20 lbs

I went to tractor supply. And bought 50lbs of black diamond sand blasting sand for $8.50 it was super easy to clean. Only had to rinse the bucket about 4 times. Till the water ran clear. Even though I just filled the bucket a quarter of way.

Back
Top Bottom