Added Sand substrait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BMF4life13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just replaced gravel with sand and am looking for a good creature to help keep my sand clean and irradiated. i have some live plants and this is mostly for their roots. I have tetras,platties,mollies,corys,guppies,danios, 3 apple snails. It is a 55 but only keep 45-50 gal in it. i have 15 gal of room left in the tank to expand into. I have read about HTS (Malaysian Trumpet Snail) but there is very mixed results. Any Advice??????

I have Malasian Trumpet Snails in my gravel substrate tank and it has never stayed cleaner. They've done an amazing job! I don't have experience with them in sand, but from what I've heard they do well there too.

Trainer.... do you have sand in your 20 gal??

Sparkle... have you ever had issues with a hug out break?? Have they ever messed up your filter.. Mine is a canister.

I have a Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel Power Filter and it has never had a problem with them. I'm not sure what you mean by a hug outbreak?

big/large... I think i am going to get MTS... one of the LFS should have them... tried one two more to go.

Oh, yes, I have gotten quite a few of them, but they stay burried in the substrate for the most part and don't really bother me. They keep everything so clean that they are totally worth it in my opinion. If you get too many you could always add in a loach or an assasin snail to help keep the population down.

Trainer.... do you have sand in your 20 gal??

Sparkle... have you ever had issues with a hug out break?? Have they ever messed up your filter.. Mine is a canister.

I have sand in all my tanks except my 10 with kuhlis as they can't burrow in it too well

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom