Adding a gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 20 gallon tall and it currently is holding 4 cories, one abp, 6 fish the size of cherry barbs (don't ask but I know they are full grown) and 2 platys. I used to have dwarf gouramis but now I want a center piece fish because I'm just not satisfied with the tank and it's needing a bigger top dwelling fish. Does anyone have any ideas?

Well I was just debating maybe removing the 6 silver fish getting another platy and a gourami ?
That would be ok. :) I would probably just get a dwarf gourami or a honey gourami though. Those are the only 2 I know of that are small enough for a 20 gallon tank. Also, your abnp is a bit big for a 20 gallon tank. You would have more room if you downgraded to a smaller algae eater species like otos or something.

That would be ok. :) I would probably just get a dwarf gourami or a honey gourami though. Those are the only 2 I know of that are small enough for a 20 gallon tank. Also, your abnp is a bit big for a 20 gallon tank. You would have more room if you downgraded to a smaller algae eater species like otos or something.

I have heard mixed that abnp's are small enough for 20s because they only get 3-4.5

I have heard mixed that abnp's are small enough for 20s because they only get 3-4.5
Its good to know you did your research.
IME/O, bristle noses reach more like 5 inches or just under, not 3 inches. I personally have never seen a 3 inch adult. Everytime I have heard that argument, it was for 20g long tanks, not 20g tall.
But hey, to each their own. Just sharing my experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom