Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Adding a new filter a water changes?

So I'm going to give the Aqua Clear 70 filter this weekend hoping it will make the water quality a bit better. I usually do my weekly water change on the weekends. Will using a new filter off set the biological filter too much by the filter not being established and changing out 50% of the water? Tank is overstock so I'm nervous about skipping a water change, HELP!!

Old 03-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Go ahead and do the water change this weekend, but do not remove the old filter that is already on the tank. You need to run the new filter along with the old one for a couple of weeks or so. Or, you can pull the media out of the old filter and put it in the new one, if it will fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Water changes are always a good thing to keep your water consistent for your livestock. Not much bacteria sitting in the water column so no worries.

Tags
ate, change, filter, new filter, water, water change, water changes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com