Adding a new tank becouse i have a place for it but dont know what to put in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardex

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at the store looking for a small desk top tank to use as quarantine tank and found a metal stand for my 55 gallon with a second rack under it to hold 2 10 gallon tanks so now I have my quarantine and a second 10 gallon tank that I set up with a white sand bottom and a large piece of driftwood that I took out the main tank a few months ago dropped in one of my moss balls from the main tank and the sponge per filter for instant cycle I just have no idea what to do with it any suggestions for 10 gallon tank the main is a 55 planted with Cory's and 3 different schools of 11 small fish so I want to do something different

Why not this
5 guppies
5 red cherry shrimp or blueberry shrimp
An otocinclus catfish
Live plants!

Plants are out due to being under the main tank I can't put the right lights in to grow anything the tank I got has led lighting I put the moss ball in to keep algae in check and help with the cycle but I don't think anything else will grow in it, I may try some amazon frogbit next time I need to thin it out.

The shrimp sound like a good idea but the only ones I can find locally are the ghost shrimp and I think something called a bamboo shrimp I will have to research them

Ghost shrimp can be fun, most of them are dirt cheap. Some people have problems with them though, usually because they accidentally wind up with the aggressive type.

RCS are amazing shrimp. Biggest problem being is like you said, most pet shops dont carry them. There are plenty of places online where you can buy them though, and thats how most people get them

Ghost shrimp can be fun, most of them are dirt cheap. Some people have problems with them though, usually because they accidentally wind up with the aggressive type.

RCS are amazing shrimp. Biggest problem being is like you said, most pet shops dont carry them. There are plenty of places online where you can buy them though, and thats how most people get them

I am always worried about getting live things online never home when ups shows up because I work noon to nine m-f and they won't leave anything without me home due to issues in the apartment complex with stolen packages

I was thinking about killiefish eggs but most places won't ship to IL not sure why I could not find any laws banning them

Back
Top Bottom