adding another filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuzion7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, just looking to see if this is overkill or not.

Currently I have a 55g tank with a Marineland C-220 canister filter. It does a great job keeping the tank clean, but I wanted to give it help because I have a "dead spot" in my tank where I don't have much water flow. Currently I have 2 425gph powerheads plus the canister moving the water to the intake, but I wanted something for that area and to just help out the canister.

I was looking to get a Marineland Emperor 280 GPH. Is this too much? I can't imagine it would be a bad thing to have too much, but then again I have heard of weirder things.

It's not bad just make sure you don't have any fish that struggle in current. Do you have fast schoing fish and loaches or something like gouramis and angelfish?

Josh, all of mine are good current fish.

12-Neon Tetras
5-Rummynose Tetras
4-Clown Loaches
4-Yo Yo Loaches
3- Blue Danios

I have 2 common plecos that aren't really fans, but they are mostly underneath the driftwood or on the glass, low flow areas

Oh nice those fish all love current haha I say go for it add another filter. Just know you need to upgrade soon the clowns need a 125 gallon as do the common plecos.

Ahhh.. Yes, once again I'll jump to a 125g tank because my loaches and plecos are an inch right now.. Soon, I have a bit of time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ahhh.. Yes, once again I'll jump to a 125g tank because my loaches and plecos are an inch right now.. Soon, I have a bit of time

Yes you have plenty of time no rush. Your gonna hear that every time you post your tank stock so I would definetly get used to it

Ha.. I know. It's been every time... I get it. I'm on a trade program.. The fish will be ok

Oh sorry I didn't know you had heard that before haha. But good glad to hear you will have a 125 for them it will be great and I say yes still add another filter.

No worries I didn't find it as being rude haha I come off that way sometimes to no worries!

Back
Top Bottom