Adding canister filter made water less clear??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, just had to chime in. I had a similar experience few years ago and reverted back to 2 HOB's. I've never had cloudy water before or again. Yeah it sucks, and you spend so much time and money and it really stings. Let us know if anything works.

I run a planted tank with several filters so pretty used to watching leaves float around and have never got to the crystal clear stage.

In the larger filter though I have doubled (or just stuffed in until full) fine sponge filter and filter wool.

You could try seachem clarity if it is some particles that just won't settle or filter.

Tried Seachem Clarity today. 3 hours later no dofference [emoji17]

I had something like this happen when I didn't rinse some new media well enough. It just stayed in suspension forever I kept running the water through the polishing floss until eventually I got it out without tearing the tank apart again.

I had something like this happen when I didn't rinse some new media well enough. It just stayed in suspension forever I kept running the water through the polishing floss until eventually I got it out without tearing the tank apart again.

It really does look like tiny bits of filter floss floating around

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom