Adding Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ManInAHat73

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10G tank with 1 Plecostomus, 1 Rainbow Shark and a Black Ghost Knife. The Black Ghost Knife and Rainbow Shark are a blast to watch, they are always swimming around each other and they like to play in the bubbles. I would like my tank to be a little more active, and I'm thinking about getting some school fish or just some more active fish. What fish would be good to add to my tank with the three I have and it's size?

The pleco and rainbow will both outgrow that tank...as far as active fish I love gold tetras. They are bright and very active and dont seem to be very agressive. You could get 4-5 of these. Gold Tetra

I know that both of those fish get quite large. I plan to upgrade to an 80G tank in about 8 months or so.

So adding some fish to swim at the top of the tank and in the mid level would be a bad idea?

With the amount of fish you have now yes. The ammonia could spike and then you would lose all of your fish. From the looks of your stock list you are lucky that it hasn't happened yet.

Okay. Thanks for helping out. I'll just wait until I upgrade my tank.

Back
Top Bottom