Adding HOB for BIO-Load...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey,
Quick question, I am going to be adding a Penguin 350b HOB to my 75g as people have expressed opinions that I will exceed bioload...

75g Fluval 404
1 Oscar
2 Green Severum
*note* all fish pretty much Juvi ATM so bioload isnt already high

I was wondering when adding a HOB for bioload do you bother with the mech filtration or just use rings or other bio media?

If you have opinions on my stock please let me know those too...

I'd use mechanical. Why not?

I have two AC 110's on my 100 and a single AC110 on my 40. The 100 was taking a while to cycle so I switched the media, all of it, from the used 40 to one of the new 100 filters. That sucker finished cycling in two days. The 40 had a tiny Nitrite spike that went away in a day.

It's kind of nice having filter media that is interchangeable. And I believe the ceramic rings are a good thing.

I would recommend using all of the media options including mechanical in the HOB filter. You will be splitting the cleaning load between it and your canister so why not take full advantage of it.

ok, I have added my Emperor 400b to my 75g tank in addition to my Fluval 404, To house my Oscar and 2 Green Severums.

Thank you for the advice, I was already assuming I should use the media lol

Back
Top Bottom