Adding small pleco to 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a five-year-old male albino bristlenose who is probably between five and six inches. He got bigger than I thought he would, and if I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't even have put him in my 55....He's okay, but I like fish to have a lot of room.

There is no way I would consider it humane to keep an adult bristlenose in a ten gallon.

Last edited:
Once again, 2008, this thread is beyond old, no point in arguing with someone from 4 years ago ;)

* sorry, I meant more of debating than arguing :)

Well...when I first came to AA, I got a lot of information by searching threads. I realize the thread is old, but someone considering buying a pleco might find the response useful. I didn't consider it arguing. :flowers:

Freakgecko91 said:
This thread is from 2008................

Yeah sorry everyone! Forgot to even look at the date :S was just researching threads about Bristlenose Pleco...will remember to check the date of thread before I start it up again haha.

If you are looking for something smaller, clown plecos are great! Max size around 5 or so in, and awesome algea eaters!

For one, clown plecos are NOT algae eaters, they feed off of driftwood. And two, this is an old thread. Oy vey

Actually,all plecs eat wood, they ned it for digestion. Come tell my spotless 30g that clowns don't eat algea..... he cleaned the whole tank in 4 days, haven't seen so much as a spot in a few months.... And does it really matter if the tHread is old? Someone revived it with a new question, and I jumped in. not trying to be a douche I just don't see why thats a bad thing.

This is 5" now so whoever is saying that they only grow to 3" is talking out of there bum

Back
Top Bottom